these girls

I'm not sure I can explain in a few sentences how much this girl means to me. We've known each other since we were just babies, and here we are 25 years later. We became friends like most toddlers do ... one hitting the other and the other biting back. We've seen each other's darkest days and we've both made it out alive, healthier and happier. Many people reading this probably won't know all this girl has been through, but I do, and to see her now, this happy, puts the warmest feeling in my heart. This little girl has saved her and she doesn't even know it. One day I hope she comes to know and understand all the trials her momma has been through for her to be here. I look forward to watching this baby grow, even if it's from across the country. I also look forward to seeing her momma grow and become the person she probably thought she'd never be a year ago.

No comments: