lately

It's almost been a year since I've written anything. I thought about starting with a clean slate and saying goodbye to everything on this blog, but at the end of the day I chose not to. Although my journey is a little different now, it has all led me to this point.

Some of you may be wondering what I've been up to the last few months, as you've noticed some changes in my life. I'm here to answer some of those questions, even though I don't feel it's really necessary. I want to be honest.

Our divorce was final the beginning of January. It wasn't an angry divorce, but it was two people who finally decided nothing else could be done. I've had many people give me advice along the way, but honestly every situation is different and not all problems are meant to be fixed. I have no hard feelings about anything and I look back on it as a positive and loving learning experience. That's really all that needs to be said.

As to what I'm doing now...

I decided to move back to Arkansas to re-group and get back on my feet. Those of you who are close to me know that I've been wanting to do this for a long time, especially after something like this.

I missed the South. I missed my family. I needed their support and to be closer.

I have been doing what I can to focus on what will be the best for myself. Far too often I found myself sacrificing my dreams, feelings, emotions, etc. in order to make others happy or not hurt them. I honestly just couldn't do it anymore. I'm making a daily effort to be my best self. I mess up. All the time. That's what life is about. You're supposed to fall down and get discouraged. If you don't, then you're not really experiencing the greatness life has to offer once you've came out on the other side.

So here I am, tired and a little broken, but working towards greater things. It's funny how the pieces start falling into place once you start letting go...

1 comment:

The Lady of the House said...

When we're broken, that's when our pieces start fitting together like they should. It's okay to be broken.